"Saturday night, June 12, I got a call from Pres. Bassett. I love the Bassetts so much and I am going to be very sad when they go home to Sacramento, California. He has asked me to be the new District Leader for my district. I am very grateful for this opportunity to serve and not nearly as nervoous as I was when he asked me to train."
Elder Miller, Shantell, Josh, Will, and Elder Keime
"Sunday, June 13, was a great, great, day. Church went well. We saw a sweet miracle. Our baptismal font takes about three hours to fill. We were supposed to start it right after sacrament because we were going to have a potluck after church and then the baptism. With thirty minutes left to go in church, we finally remembered that we were supposed to start the font. We started it and prayed for a miracle. Halfway through the poluck the font was completely filled. It somehow only took 45 minutes to fill it. I will be forever greatful for that miracle. The baptism started right after the potluck. The counselors in the branch presidency gave the talks on the baptism and the Holy Ghost. Once that was done Shantell and I walked down into the font. The water was absolutely freezing! Coldest baptism I've performed!. Everything went well and I was able to baptize my first Native American. It was a neat experience to fulfill the prophecy in 1Nephi 15."
No comments:
Post a Comment