This was Elder Miller's first Christmas away from home and altho it was hard being away from his family, he received lots of presents and goodies. He called home at noon and was able to talk to every single member of his family. He called home again Christmas night and was able to spend a long time talking to Mom and Dad. We love you and miss you, Jord! Merry Christmas!
Lots of presents! That's the advantage to being the youngest in the family!
Some presents were useful and some were crazy! He loved them all!
Showing off his spiderman pajama bottoms!
There are four missionaries living in the house. For Christmas each companionship received a nerf basketball and hoop. Christmas night was game night. They set up the hoops, moved the furniture, turned on the strobe lights (from their bikes) and the English missionaries vs the Spanish missionaries ball game began. It was pretty much a free for all. It got a little rough but no one got hurt except for carpet burns. (Remember, these are still 19/20 year old boys)!
The English speaking missionaries.
Elder Harrison and Elder Alcantara
Elder Miller ended his letter home by saying "I love the people here and I get the opportunity to serve in this area with Elder Brown for at least one more transfer. I am again grateful for all the love and support that I have received, as well as my family. I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment