Friday, April 30, 2010

NDN (Indian)

Another great week in the Navajo Nation! Elder Miller in his hand-me-down cowboy boots
and NDN shirt.
Zone Development Meeting

Church History Stuff!
"There is a place called Grand Falls where the pioneers would cross the river. I got to see the old foundation of what once was a trading post by the river. The rocks form a shelf and people would go sit under the shelf to get out of the sun and rest a while. While they did that they'd carve their names into the rocks. They are all still there. The earliest date I found was 1876. I can't even imagine being a pioneer trying to go through Arizona in the summer time. . . ."


The Elders do a lot of service and much of the time that means
chopping wood. Elder Miller's described his hands as "sissy city hands".
A HUGE blister!

Elder Miller has always liked taking pictures of sunsets.

The sunsets in Arizona are beautiful!








No comments:

Post a Comment